Summer Counseling Office FAQ

Mental Health

  • I’m experiencing a mental health emergency (or my friend/someone else I know is in crisis), and I need to talk to my school counselor right away!


TSA’s counseling office is closed over the summer, and the counselors are not available when the office is closed. If you email or leave a voicemail, they will not receive it until they are back when the office reopens in August.

But help is still available to you! Please connect with one of these important resources:

    • 988: The Suicide Hotline has trained counselors available by call or text, anytime, day or night.
    • 741 741: The Crisis Text Line is free and confidential, available 24/7.
    • 419-904-CARE (2273): Connect with a local, trained crisis counselor 24/7.
    • 419-422-0580: The Lucas County Emotional Support Line is available for calls 8 am – midnight.
    • 911: You can call and report a psychiatric emergency and request a C.I.T. officer.


  • I want to get my student connected with therapy. Can you help?

That’s a wonderful thing to get started with—especially over the summer, when many students’ availability is more open than it is during the school year! Here are some links that may help:


When is Schedule Pick-Up?

Schedule Pick-Up is scheduled for the following days and times.


Thursday, August 8th: 12:00 noon – 2:30 pm, 3:30 – 6:00 pm

Friday, August 9th: 9:00 am – 11:30 am, 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm


You MUST sign up for an appointment in SchoolAdmin!

I saw my schedule in PowerSchool, and something is wrong. What should I do?

Nothing in PowerSchool is permanent. There is a high probability your schedule will already be adjusted by the time you come to pick it up—right now, they are in draft stage. If you see something you weren’t expecting in your schedule, please bring your concerns to the counseling department during Schedule Pick-Up, and we may be able to help you then. Please keep in mind that, unless there is an error in your schedule, you may not request a change to your schedule until the fourth day of school.

I want to change a class. When can I do that?

f there is an error in your schedule when you arrive at Schedule Pick-Up (e.g., multiples of a single class, a required class is missing), you can bring that to your counselor’s attention at that time. However, if your schedule simply includes a class you don’t want to take, you need to spend the first three days of school in your schedule as printed. On the fourth day of school, if you’re still not okay with your classes, you will have a two-day-long window to request a change, using a form that will be available at that time. Please remember that we can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to accommodate requests.

What changes still need to be made to schedules?

There are many changes that are still pending. Here are a few examples:


  • Transcripts from colleges showing completion of spring and summer CCP courses;
  • Rosters from colleges showing enrollment in Fall CCP courses;
  • Transcripts demonstrating Credit Recovery and Advancement earned;
  • Results of assorted placement tests;
  • Class size balancing;
  • Math & Science Camp placement results.


Please note that there is a ripple effect. Even if none of these situations apply to you directly, they could create openings in the master schedule, allowing other adjustments to be made.

I emailed a teacher to ask about my schedule. Why can’t they help me?

Student enrollment information is literally not visible to them in PowerSchool at this time, which makes it impossible for them to answer you.

Summer School/Credit Recovery

I need help with my credit recovery or summer school class. Who can I talk to?

Ms. Prior is the coordinator for all things related to our in-house credit recovery and summer school at TSA. Please contact her at with any questions or concerns. (This does not apply to Government through Educere. Keep reading if you’re taking that class!)


If you are taking Government through Educere, please contact your Educere Personal Learning Coach. You can find their name and contact information in your Educere Welcome Email, which you received after you registered for the course.

I need my iPad for summer school or there's something wrong with my iPad. What can I do?

Please reach out to our IT department at for help with your iPad. Ms. Prior, our summer school coordinator, is helping to coordinate iPad pickup. You can contact her at

I’m doing credit recovery/summer school outside of TSA. When do you need my official transcript?

In order to take a failed class out of your schedule for this year, we MUST have your official credit recovery transcript. Please have it sent directly to your counselor by August 1st. (You don’t need to do this if you’re taking your class through TSA’s credit recovery program.) Here’s the address:


Maggie Fawcett (grades 9 – 10) or Carlyn Campbell-Johannes (grades 11 – 12)

Toledo School for the Arts

333 14th Street

Toledo, OH 43604

Email will also work. If you’re in grades 9 or 10, have the credit recovery company send your transcript to Ms. Fawcett at If you’re in grades 11 or 12, have the credit recovery company send your transcript to Mrs. C-J at


I never got the results from my end-of-course exams from last year. Am I going to graduate?

  • I never got the results from my end-of-course exams from last year. Am I going to graduate?


You will receive the results of last year’s testing at Schedule Pick-Up. At that time, you will be notified if you need to retake any tests in order to earn your competency or seals for graduation. If you have questions or concerns, please bring them to Schedule Pick-Up.


I’m doing CCP this summer, and I need my textbook. How do I get it?

All our partner colleges have their own processes for students to get their textbooks. Please reach out to your college advisors for help.

I want to register for another CCP class. How do I do that?

If you want to register for another CCP class, you may still have time (depending on a lot of circumstances that would be too long to outline here). Please talk to your college advisor for more information—and then remember to send Mrs. C-J an email with the details of your class once you’re enrolled.

I decided I’m not doing CCP. What do I need to do?

You will need to make sure to contact your college and withdraw officially from any classes you have registered for. If you’re withdrawing from a fall class, now is a great time. If you’re withdrawing from a summer class, you may be required to reimburse TSA for the cost of the course and textbooks, and the course may show up as a Withdraw Fail or No Credit on your college and high school transcripts.


I just graduated this year, and I need my final transcript sent to a college. Who can I contact?

Mrs. Mitchell will be fulfilling transcript requests over the summer. You may contact her at Please note that she will only be dealing with transcript requests and will not be able to address any other concerns during her very limited summer hours.

I graduated prior to this most recent school year, and I need a transcript sent to a college. What should I do?

Go to the Alumni tab under the Resources section of the TSA website: Scroll all the way down and click the transcript request button and follow the directions there submitting the request via the online transcript request form or by contacting Amy Pennywitt at

I’m a rising senior, and I need to start applying to college. How do I submit a transcript request?

You may find yourself wanting to explore Naviance during the summer before your senior year, and that’s a great idea. Please remember that colleges operate on approximately the same calendar as high schools, so they very rarely set deadlines over the summer. We look forward to helping you navigate the college application process during the school year. Don’t worry about submitting transcript requests now.

I can’t get into my Naviance account.

There are several reasons you may not be able to get into your Naviance account. First, make sure you are accessing it using the link on the TSA website’s Student tab, not just googling “Naviance.”


Make sure you are using your PowerSchool password and school email, without “”—for example, JSmith and Password-123.


If that doesn’t work, your password may need to be reset. That will have to wait until the counseling office opens in August. Feel free to send an email request to or, and we will get to it as soon as possible when we return.


I need a work permit. Who can help me?

The counseling office does not handle work permits, even during the school year; that goes through the assistant to the principal, Ms. Lovegood ( Over the summer, you can contact Ms. Huss at She’ll be holding hours for work permits. Come in Monday through Thursday only, 9 am through 1 pm. Please send her an email to let her know you’re coming, but there’s no need to make an appointment. She will be gone June 18-20 and July 15-18, so she won’t be available to help with work permits those days.

I have a question that isn’t addressed here, and I need an answer right away.

The counseling office is closed between June 5th and August 1st and is not staffed to answer your questions. If you have a question, please contact the main office, but be aware that you may not get a rapid response. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you at Schedule Pick-Up! Have a great summer!