Toledo School for the Arts [TSA] is a tuition-free public “ community” or charter school focused on providing a college preparatory academic curriculum and an intense visual and performing arts environment. TSA was founded in 1999 and is open to all Ohio students in grades 6-12 who seek an educational community of peers who are serious about their artistic endeavors. TSA has received numerous local and national recognition for both academic and artistic achievement. We welcome qualified applicants for all of our open positions. Job openings are posted below.
Positions for Immediate Hire
For all positions below, please email cover letter, resume, copy of license (If needed), and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance Administrative Assistant
The following are typical work responsibilities. Essential job duties are marked with an asterisk.
- Serves as first point of contact for the Guidance Office, through telephone and in-person inquiries.* Answers questions and schedules appointments for Counselors as needed.
- Assists with creation of student schedules and transcripts.*
- Update physical student files with current and relevant information, including all enrollment and withdrawal documents.* Request and maintain file information for incoming students; Respond to requests from other schools for transferring students.
- Orders all testing materials, including Ohio Achievement Tests and Ohio Graduation Tests.*
- Coordinate student Honor Roll and Attendance awards.*
- Coordinate Graduation preparation.*
- Maintain college and scholarship information for junior and senior students.*
- Acts as liaison between colleges, universities, schools, and other community agencies.
- Escalates issues to the Guidance Counselor as needed.
- Strives to develop rapport and serves as a positive role model for others.
- Maintains open and effective communications. Promotes TSA’s mission, philosophy, and vision. Serves as an information resource. Keeps stakeholders informed about emerging issues.
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
Application Deadline: Accepting applications year round
- Must have teaching capabilities in all areas and able to follow oral and written directions.
- Have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
- Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
- Candidate must hold a valid Ohio Substitute Teaching license.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Toledo School for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. The Toledo School for the Arts ensures equal employment and education opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact Taylor Fowler, Human Resources and Diversity Manager, at (419) 246-8732 or email@example.com