Toledo School for the Arts [TSA] is a tuition-free public “ community” or charter school focused on providing a college preparatory academic curriculum and an intense visual and performing arts environment. TSA was founded in 1999 and is open to all Ohio students in grades 6-12 who seek an educational community of peers who are serious about their artistic endeavors. TSA has received numerous local and national recognition for both academic and artistic achievement. We welcome qualified applicants for all of our open positions. Job openings are posted below.
Positions for Immediate Hire
For all positions below, please email cover letter, resume, copy of license (If needed), and references to:email@example.com.
LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL COUNSELOR
The Long-Term Substitute School Counselor provides counseling services to assist Toledo School for the Arts’ students in their personal lives as well as academic and career goals.
- Promotes TSA’s mission, philosophy, and vision.
- Provides counseling for personal and academic issues.
- Provides career education planning and advising for all TSA students.
- Registers and schedules students to meet Four-Year Plans and Graduation Requirements.
- Prepares and presents guidance curriculum for career and college planning.
- Provides student and parent info sessions regarding academic, career, and post-secondary topics.
- Assists in the coordination of mandated and voluntary testing for students.
- Creates programs specific to academic, personnel, and post-secondary issues.
- Coordinates and facilitates student, parent, teacher, and/or administrative conferences.
- General oversight of services, budget, and spending requests for guidance-related activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of both the Honors & Awards and Graduation Ceremony.
Escalates issues to the Principal as needed.
Application Deadline: Accepting applications year round
- Must have teaching capabilities in all areas and able to follow oral and written directions.
- Have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
- Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
- Candidate must hold a valid Ohio Substitute Teaching license.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Toledo School for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. The Toledo School for the Arts ensures equal employment and education opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact Taylor Fowler, Human Resources and Diversity Manager, at (419) 246-8732 or firstname.lastname@example.org