Toledo School for the Arts [TSA] is a tuition-free public “ community” or charter school focused on providing a college preparatory academic curriculum and an intense visual and performing arts environment. TSA was founded in 1999 and is open to all Ohio students in grades 6-12 who seek an educational community of peers who are serious about their artistic endeavors. TSA has received numerous local and national recognition for both academic and artistic achievement. We welcome qualified applicants for all of our open positions. Job openings are posted below.
Positions for Immediate Hire
For all positions below, please email cover letter, resume, copy of license (If needed), and references to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long-Term Substitute Dance Teacher (FT or PT)
The highly qualified teacher is responsible for the creation and implementation of course content that meets academic and artistic standards for their subject area as determined by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Promotes TSA’s mission, philosophy, and vision.
- Creates lesson plans that meet the content standards as determined by ODE.
- Maintains current subject knowledge and changing standards for content area.
- Presents effective lessons that address the needs of all learners.
- Creates meaningful assessments and report student progress regularly.
- Reflects to make adjustments e.g. remediation, modifications, and enrichment learning activities based on assessment data and student learning styles.
- Maintains effective classroom management.
- Strives to develop good rapport with students, staff, and parents.
- Maintains open and effective communication; relays accurate information.
- Keeps stakeholders informed about emerging issues.
Application Deadline: Accepting applications year round
- Must have teaching capabilities in all areas and able to follow oral and written directions.
- Have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
- Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
- Candidate must hold a valid Ohio Substitute Teaching license.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Toledo School for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. The Toledo School for the Arts ensures equal employment and education opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact Taylor Fowler, Human Resources and Diversity Manager, at (419) 246-8732 or email@example.com