Back to School 2021
Dear TSA Families:
I hope your summer continues to be filled with joy, summer fun, and relaxation! The 2021–2022 school year is fast approaching and that means our usual Summer Mailing Packet. In this mailing you will find a copy of the 2021/2022 school calendar, school supply lists, information on math placement testing for middle school students, (optional) medical forms, the instruction
sheet for completing your required online forms and scheduling your appointment for Schedule Pick Up, transportation information, and information from our Parents‘ Organization.
2021 Fall Return
We are happy to announce that we will be returning to full, in–person instruction for the 2021-2022 academic year! Below are a few items we would like to highlight.
Due to updates from the CDC and in accord with current State of Ohio requirements and information from the Toledo Lucas County Health Department, the following will occur:
Protocols Changing or Reverting Back to Normal:
- All students enrolled at TSA will be in–person. There will be no virtual learning option this school year.
- Masks will be optional for students and employees.
- Current quarantine and isolation guidelines by the Health Dept. still apply for those individuals that have not received a COVID–19 vaccination.
- Temperatures will no longer be taken prior to entering the building. Parents and students are encouraged to self–monitor and remain home if ill.
- The dividers in the Flying Pig Café have been removed and tables restored to allow 245 students.
- The Attic will no longer be utilized as a cafeteria space.
- Classrooms will not be arranged to allow for 3–6 feet in between students.
- Distancing in between classes will be encouraged but not mandated or enforced by staff.
- Stairwells will return to normal two–way traffic
- The Commons will be open for students before and after school, however parents are still encouraged to pick up students by 4:00 unless they are involved with a club, rehearsal, tutoring, etc.
- Students will be expected to exit only through the Dock or Front Entrance.
- All student clubs, organizations, tutoring, rehearsals, etc. will return to fully in–person. >
- All performances and exhibitions will be fully live!
Protocols Remaining the Same or with Slight Changes:
- The building will continue to be cleaned thoroughly at the end of each day.
- Improved air handling and air filtering will remain.
- Hand sanitizing stations will remain on each floor of the building as well as sanitizing wipes.
- Water bottle refilling stations will remain, and bottled water will be available to students.
- We highly encourage students to bring a reusable water bottle every day.
- Students will continue to be expected to clean their desk, workstation and lunch table after use daily.
- Attendance and assigned seating requirements will remain for classes, lunches and all after-school activities (to aid in contact tracing).
- In the case of exposure or a positive COVID–19 case, contact tracing will still be required by the Health Department, however students and employees who have been vaccinated (with proof) will not be required to quarantine.
TSA encourages all students and employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccination (if possible and they are comfortable doing so), however vaccinations will not be required in order to attend in person learning. Proof of vaccination will also not be required (for either students or staff). If you wish to submit your Proof of Vaccination, please scan and send directly to our school nurse, Nicole Witt, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to a positive and successful school year!
Doug Mead and the entire TSA team
Note: We will continue to include updates from the CDC, requirements of the State of Ohio and consultation with Toledo Lucas County Health Department as primary factors in the determination of COVID–19 protocols at TSA. These protocols, therefore, are subject to change.