Student Checkout/Drop Off Information
Dear Parents and Students,
It is heartbreaking that we need to end the school year in this way! We all miss you terribly and wish we could have been back together in school for the rest of the year.
We have been working hard to come up with a plan to retrieve the items in your lockers as well has find a safe way for you to return the TSA items that you have.
An adjustment to our instructional plan will have the last day of instruction on Thursday, May 14. It is not the last day of school. If you have not completed and submitted all of your 4th quarter assignments, you have until Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 3:00 pm to complete and submit. If you have completed and submitted all of your assignments, you may start gathering the items you need to return to TSA and we would appreciate it if you could follow the below schedule for returning those items and picking up you own.
If you can make it at the below times and days, that would be preferred, otherwise come when you can between 8:00-3:00.
Monday, May 18 6th Graders (Main 14th Street Entrance Only)
Tuesday, May 19 7th Graders (Main 14th Street Entrance Only)
Wednesday, May 20 8th Graders (Main 14th Street Entrance Only)
Thursday, May 21 9th Graders (Main 14th Street Entrance Only)
Friday, May 22 10th Graders (Main 14th Street Entrance Only)
Tuesday, May 26 11th Graders (Main 14th Street Entrance Only)
By Appointment 12th Graders (Gallery Door Only)
With social distancing heavily on our minds, the following procedures need to be followed:
- All grade levels if your last name begins A-L please come between 8:00 and 11:30 if possible, if your last name begins M-Z please come between 11:30 and 3:00 if possible.
- If you have multiple students in one family, you may pick up all students’ items at one time on any of those assigned days.
- There will be markers on the sidewalk marked at 6 feet apart to help guide you for social distancing.ALL WHO ENTER MUST BE WEARING A MASK.
- Only 3-4 families will enter the main hallway at a time.
- If you have medication to be picked up, it will also be located in your bag that we will be giving to you. If you have questions for Nurse Witt, we will locate her for you.
- There will be tables set up on one side the hallway, this is where you will deposit the items you brought back, then move across the hallway to the corresponding number and wait there for your items to be retrieved by a staff member.
Please make sure you bag and return all items, (exceptions being instruments and large equipment), that belong to TSA, including but not limited to
- Seniors and students not returning only – Wall charger and working Lightning Cable, we will not accept a cable that is broken or has internal wires showing. Cables may be purchased from Amazon, Walmart, etc. if you need to buy a replacement),
- Returning students need to have case along with keyboard on the iPad. Missing keyboards will need to be replaced.
- Locks for your lockers if they were not on your locker
- Textbooks, novels, classroom library books you may have borrowed
- Musical instruments and other musical equipment,
- Classroom art/photo/video equipment, dance equipment, i.e. shoes, costumes, anything else you may have borrowed from a teacher.
- Allow one bag per student if you have multiple students and Please put your name and grade level on the outside of the bag.
- If you have equipment that needs to be returned to Ms. Aherne, Mrs. Anderson, Mr. Welenc or Mr. Johnston, Mr. Desmond and Mrs. Patchett they will be set up in separate rooms. We will have marks on the floor in the hall for social distancing around those rooms as well.
- We are asking all students to exit out of the building on Adams St. by Ms. Calhoun’s room.
For those students who do not have all their work submitted and need the extra time allotted, please use that time. It is very important you get your work submitted. If you are having technical issues or issues understanding the material, please reach out to one of your teachers that may be able to help you solved the problem.
Once you have completed your work, you may bring your school items back to school any day up to Thursday, May 28, 2020 between 8:00-3:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathi Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org, Amanda Jones at email@example.com, Beverly Huss at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer any of your questions or find answers for you.